Sottimano Barbera D'Alba Pairolero 2016

The Pairolero Barbera is a blend of two different vineyards of Barbera in Neive: Basarin and San Cristoforo. The fermentation and the maceration of the skins normally takes about 18 days. No selected yeasts are used. The malolactic fermentation happens in French barrels coopered expressively for us by Francois Frères in Burgundy. The wine stays in these barrels for approximately 15-...


92 points Wine Advocate


Member $ 52.00

Buy Now $ 55.50

RRP $ 61.25


Min. Order : 6
Save up to $9.25/ Bottle

Brand Name
Sottimano
Country
ITALY
Style
Red Wine
Region
Piedmont
Varietal
Barbera
Size
750 mL Bottle

Product Description

The Pairolero Barbera is a blend of two different vineyards of Barbera in Neive: Basarin and San Cristoforo. The fermentation and the maceration of the skins normally takes about 18 days. No selected yeasts are used. The malolactic fermentation happens in French barrels coopered expressively for us by Francois Frères in Burgundy. The wine stays in these barrels for approximately 15-16 months, half of this time on its lees.

25% of the barrels used for aging this wine are new, the remaining 75% have previously been used up to 4 times. There is no filtering and no fining prior to bottling.
 

The fruit for the 2016 Barbera d'Alba Superiore Pairolero comes from the top-lying parts of Basarin, most of it from 40-, 50- and 60-year-old vines. It pours to a ruby color, having endured 25 days of maceration, just a few days of submersed cap and then about two years in oak. It spends those years on the less, and the Sottimano family counts on bottling it for as long as they can, to put the brakes on the wine, so to speak. This technique was learned in Burdgundy. What comes out of this process is a Barbera d'Alba that shows the power of the vintage yet is extremely well made, fresh and elegant. Some 12,000 bottles were produced. Serve it with a lamb steak. 92 Points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

 

 

 

Calculate Your Delivery Cost

All Reviews

No review found...!

Similar Wines Of Interest

La Spinetta Barbera d'Asti Ca' di Pian 2014
 

$48.00

Giuseppe Cortese Barbera d'Alba 2016
 

$35.50

Cigliuti Barbera Campass 2017
 91 points Vinous

$52.00

Brezza Barolo 'Cannubi' 2012
 

$112.25

Pelissero Barbaresco Tulin DOCG 2009
 91 Points -Vinous Antonio Galloni- 91 Points -Stephen Tanzer-

$82.25

Luigi Pira Barolo Margheria 2013
 

$115.25